Total Piracy by Access Method (2018)
Source: European Union Intellectual Property Office. Online Copyright Infringement in the European Union: Music, Films and TV (2017-2018), Trends and Drivers (Alicante: European Union Intellectual Property Office, 2019)
Topic: Copyright Infringement
Reference year: 2018
Geographical area: European Union
Method: Administrative data
Link to original document: op.europa.eu
This doughnut chart shows the distribution of piracy in the European Union by access method. As presented, streaming is the preferred method with a 75% share. The remaining 25% is divided between download, torrent and ripper. Nearly 95% of the streaming activity is concentrated in television and film. European Union refers to EU28. The United Kingdom left the European Union on 31 January 2020.